The Log Cabin Charity is a much needed resource for families of children with disabilities and additional needs. We rely on the generosity of individuals, businesses and organisations to continue to provide our services. On this page is all our Fundraising News, current fundraising intiatives that you can get involved in as well as inspiration for your own fundraising ideas and links to donate.
Go directly to:
First a reminder of why we are all here. Here is Kieran's story as told by his mum:
“Kieran is non-verbal, so it was a huge step for me to trust strangers with my baby, especially as his communication skills were so limited. We struggled to understand what he was trying to tell us, so how would these strangers?
“However, I had no need to be concerned. Kieran’s behaviour reflected his happiness. He was always very happy to go to Log Cabin and happy when he came home. The staff poured love into Kieran, they learnt very quickly how to interpret his little sounds and responded quickly to ensure he felt confident and safe. Over the past ten years all the staff at Log Cabin have played an integral part in Kieran’s and our family’s lives.
“I will be forever grateful to all the staff at Log Cabin for looking after my son.
“The gift of knowing your child with no voice is being cared for and embraced by such inspirational and compassionate people is priceless.”
Friends of The Log Cabin
We invite you to be one of the first to join Friends of The Log Cabin Charity by setting up regular monthly donations. You will be joining a group of like-minded people who believe in our mission. The money you donate will go towards running our services (after school club, holiday playschemes, Saturday Club, counselling and more) enabling us to continue providing our services. Monthly giving is convenient, easy and flexible. It helps us plan better and remain sustainable, and it reduces our administration costs, allowing your donation to go even further. There are benefits to you as well.
Join Friends of The Log Cabin today and help us continue giving children with disabilities or additional needs the chance to play and have fun just like other children. Click here to fill out the online form.
Ealing Half Marathon
The Ealing Half Marathon takes place on Sunday 29 September and we are delighted to be one of their associated charities again! This is a fantastic local event and has very justly received many awards!
Last year we had 21 people running in aid of the Log Cabin and this year we want to beat that! Join our team and every penny you raise will go towards helping some of Ealing’s most vulnerable children.
Why run for us?
Aside from supporting a great local charity, running for us comes with these benefits:
- A Log Cabin running vest to wear on the big day
- Information on how to obtain sponsorship
- A picnic after the race with home made food and refreshments - join us with your friends and family
- Lots of cheers from us along the course and at the start and finish line!
There are many ways in which you could help raise much needed funds for The Log Cabin Charity.
- Take part in a challenge and ask your friends and family to sponsor you. You could do something active like running the Ealing Half Marathon or cycling, something daring like a skydive or holding a snake, or something silly like taking a bath in baked beans or wearing fancy dress to work.
- Get your business or place of work involved. There are many ways for businesses to support us, such as making us charity of the year, gifts in kind, payroll giving, matched giving and more.
- Run your own event. You could organise a bake sale, a coffee morning, a crafts fair, or even put on a concert or a play.
- Help with our events. We run some fundraising events every year and are always grateful for volunteers to help make them work.
However you decide to support us, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can share your efforts.
And finally, make sure to subscribe to our mailing list here to get a quarterly update on fundraising news and events.