Senior Leader – Session co-ordinator - 21,548.80 pro rata
The Log Cabin Charity has a new exciting opportunity for a Senior Leader – Session co-ordinator at mid-level management. We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual who has experience of co-ordinating sessions for children and young people with additional needs in a play based setting.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- To maintain the health and safety of the premises and resources
- To develop the Log Cabin environment in line with organisational aims and objectives.
- To plan, deliver and evaluate targeted After School Club and Holiday Playscheme sessions for children and young people with additional needs and disabilities in order to promote learning and independence and to improve play experiences within a fun and sociable setting.
- To develop Playworkers’ ability to engage with children and young people with additional needs and disabilities through direct contact and sustained interaction.
- To provide supervision and daily management in order to ensure the effective running of the service
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload independently
- Ability to work with and support children and young people with additional needs and disabilities.
- Confident in using computerised (Excel, Word, emails and web based software platforms) and paper systems.
- Ability to network and develop professional working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to plan, run, co-ordinate and evaluate a range of quality sessions for children and young people.
- Experience and ability of managing a diverse staff team on an operational level
- Applicants must hold a minimum of NVQ level 3 in Childcare or an equivalent/relevant qualification.
The Log Cabin believes that children and young people have the right to be completely secure from both the fear and reality of abuse, and we are committed to safeguarding all the children and young people in our care from harm.
Closing date: Friday 13th July 2018
Interviewing: Wednesday 18th July 2018
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application packs will be sent out to shortlisted candidates.